Buffalo Clinical and Translational Research Center > About the Buffalo CTRC > CTRC Building
UB and Kaleida have partnered to build a facility that houses the CTRC (floors 5 through 8) and the Gates Vascular Institute (floors 1 through 4). This state of the art center places clinicians adjacent to clinical and translational researchers and is one of only a handful of such buildings in the nation.
Components of the CTRC Building Include
- The administrative offices and core functions of the CTRC, including:
- CTRC Administrative Offices
- Research Navigation System
- University-wide Clinical Research Office
- Clinical Research Center (CRC), which will provide comprehensive support to investigators in performing clinical research, including:
- Nine examination rooms for human subjects
- Support space for blood drawing and specimen collection
- Laboratory for sample processing
- Certified research pharmacy
- Open architecture laboratories and support space for 25 Principal Investigators with translational research programs
- An active biorepository and specimen processing laboratory with associated informatics that will open in 2015.
- An imaging facility, devoted exclusively to research, including
- 3 Tesla MRI imager for human subjects
- PET-CT scanner for human subjects
- 9.4 Tesla Micro MRI
- A biosciences incubator including laboratories and office space that will facilitate formation of startup companies as spinoffs from research discoveries involving UB investigators or intellectual property.