We offer the following clinical services within the Clinical Research Center:
- Routine assessment of vital signs including: BP, temperature, heart rate , respirations and pulse oximetry
- Phlebotomy services, including Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic sampling
- Local laboratory processing for results
- Laboratory processing for central lab shipment
- Intravenous line placement and maintenance
- Urine collection
- Urine pregnancy testing
- Shipment of central lab specimens by certified personnel
- Investigational drug administration and post administration monitoring (oral, subcutaneous, topical, intramuscular, inhalation or intravenous)
- Investigational drug storage and accountability
- Participant interviews and administration of study questionnaires
- Basic nutritional services
- Support and facility to complete minor procedures* requiring minimal sedation**
- Short-term storage (≤ 4 weeks) of frozen specimens in preparation for shipment to a central laboratory facility. We have the capability of -20°C and – 70°C storage.
*Minor procedure means
- Procedures that can be performed safely with a minimum of discomfort where the likelihood of complications requiring hospitalization is minimal; or
- Procedures performed with local or topical anesthesia.
**Minimal sedation means a drug-induced state during which
- participants respond normally to verbal commands;
- cognitive function and coordination may be impaired; and
- ventilator and cardiovascular functions are unaffected.
This list is not inclusive of all services available at the CRC. Please notify CRC Administration if you require additional information or assistance.
All services and fees associated with the provision of services must be budgeted and agreed upon by the Principal Investigator before the first subject visit to the Center. Fees are based on negotiated amounts that enable the studies to stay within their budget for the participant visits while allowing the Center to recover a portion of the operating costs associated with the type, length and relative acuity of the service provided. Please refer to the attached CRC Fee Schedule for more information.