The three broad goals of the Education and Training Key Function are:
- Integrate and support existing training programs
- Develop new training programs in clinical and translational research
- Bring together multidisciplinary teams of researchers
Recent progress has been made in 3 areas:
1. Seminar series/Core Curriculum in Clinical and Translational Research
Dr. Roseanne Berger has organized an outstanding series conducted by distinguished faculty that is in full swing. Seminars are Wednesdays 5:30 to 6:30 PM. Attendance at the first 3 sessions has been excellent with a multidisciplinary range of trainees and faculty attending.
Photos: Elie Akl, MD PhD Associate Professor of Medicine, presenting at the Seminar series/Core Curriculum on 9/14/11 on "Acquiring Evidence from Systematic Literature Reviews"
For details including seminar schedule, click here.
2. Graduate Program in Clinical Research
As reported in last month's newsletter, a concentration in Clinical Research in the MS in Epidemiology program in the School of Public Health and Heath Professions has been approved by SUNY and is enrolling students.
Click here for details.
3. T35 Training Grant
A new NIH training grant supports research fellowships in infectious diseases, microbiology and immunology for medical students. This is a joint UB-Roswell Park undertaking. Fellowships begin in the summer of 2012.
Click here to learn more.