Buffalo Translational Consortium News
CTRC Grand Opening Attracts Large Crowd
The UB School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences held the grand opening of the Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC) in the joint UB-Kaleida Health building on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus on September 20. More than 300 people including community members, community leaders, UB leadership, faculty, staff and trainees of UB and partner institutions attended the event.
• Timothy Murphy, Director of the CTRC
• Michael Cain, Vice President for Health Sciences and Dean of the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
• Jeremy Jacobs, Chairman, University at Buffalo Council
• UB President Satish Tripathi
• Sam Hoyt, Regional President, Empire State Development Corporation
• Crystal Peoples-Stokes, New York State Assembly
• Mark Grisanti, New York State Senate
• Byron Brown, Mayor, City of Buffalo
• Kenshi Komatsu, Advisor to the Board, Toshiba Medical System Corporation
• John M. Canty, Albert and Elizabeth Rekate Professor of Medicine
Following a reception and tours of the CTRC, former UB and Roswell Park Cancer Institute scientist J. Craig Venter and pioneer in genomics, was awarded a SUNY Honorary Doctorate in Science. Venter gave an entertaining and provocative keynote address entitled, "From Reading to Writing the Genetic Code".
Click here for news story on the grand opening