Buffalo Translational Consortium News
New Round of Pilot Studies Funds Now Available to BTC Investigators
The Buffalo Clinical and Translational Research Center is sponsoring two RFA’s (Request for Applications) to support new projects in clinical and translational sciences. The first RFA supports Pilot and Collaborative Translational and Clinical Studies. The second supports pilot projects for Novel Clinical and Translational Methodologies.
A total of $200,000 is available to support up to 4 awards of no more than $50,000 each. Investigators at all Buffalo Translational Consortium (BTC) are eligible to apply. The funds for these programs come from the following sources:
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Office of the Vice President for Health Sciences
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Dean, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Dean, School of Public Health and Health Professions
- Dean, School of Nursing
- Dean, School of Dental Medicine
- Dean, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
This round of Pilot Studies is emphasizing:
- Innovative high risk/high reward projects
- Projects in biomedical informatics
- Projects in research ethics
Proposals will undergo two levels of review: For overview of the review process and the metrics to be tracked Click Here
Pilot Studies awardees will present their work at the Annual Clinical and Translational Research Symposium.
Applications are due December 1, 2011 and awards will be made in February 2012.
For details on proposal format, review criteria and other details, go to: Pilot Studies RFAs